Can you thether a Touch to a Palm Centro (Sprint)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GatorDeb, Jul 31, 2008.

1. GatorDeb macrumors member

I pay $25 a month for 500 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends (7p-7a), unlimited web, unlimited text, mobile to mobile (Sprint). The same package with Cingular would be at least $50 a month. So I'm staying with Sprint.

Can I tether the Touch (through Bluetooth?) to the Palm Centro so I can use the Touch for web browsing and Internet goodness like weather, maps, etc? Pretty much anything the iPhone can do except make calls.

I'm not against modding if it's software-based and can be undone.

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Uh..No.

3. velvetme macrumors newbie

this totally makes no sense.

if you are asking can you have a $25 plan for a touch that makes it work like an iphone? actually when you put it that way... no

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol learn to read the post

he essentially wants to turn his internet capable sprint phone into a wireless hub so that his touch can access the internet through his sprint phone. who wouldnt, as the browsing on the touch is vastly superior i would imagine

as far as doing that, i have no idea to be honest

5. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Okay, sorry for the short response previous.

To elaborate, I can't think of a single way to connect your Palm to your iPod. There is no bluetooth built into the Touch. I've never heard of any sort of cable or the like that can connect an iPod to a Palm.

That aside, the software doesn't offer any capabilities for this in the Touch.

But, I'm also anti-jailbreaking my Touch, so I don't know what software is available there.

Anyone else?