Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GatorDeb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I pay $25 a month for 500 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends (7p-7a), unlimited web, unlimited text, mobile to mobile (Sprint). The same package with Cingular would be at least $50 a month. So I'm staying with Sprint.

Can I tether the Touch (through Bluetooth?) to the Palm Centro so I can use the Touch for web browsing and Internet goodness like weather, maps, etc? Pretty much anything the iPhone can do except make calls.

I'm not against modding if it's software-based and can be undone.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
I pay $25 a month for 500 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends (7p-7a), unlimited web, unlimited text, mobile to mobile (Sprint). The same package with Cingular would be at least $50 a month. So I'm staying with Sprint.

Can I tether the Touch (through Bluetooth?) to the Palm Centro so I can use the Touch for web browsing and Internet goodness like weather, maps, etc? Pretty much anything the iPhone can do except make calls.

Uh..No.

velvetme

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
this totally makes no sense.

if you are asking can you have a $25 plan for a touch that makes it work like an iphone? actually when you put it that way... no

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
this totally makes no sense.

if you are asking can you have a $25 plan for a touch that makes it work like an iphone? actually when you put it that way... no

lol learn to read the post

he essentially wants to turn his internet capable sprint phone into a wireless hub so that his touch can access the internet through his sprint phone. who wouldnt, as the browsing on the touch is vastly superior i would imagine

as far as doing that, i have no idea to be honest

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama

Okay, sorry for the short response previous.

To elaborate, I can't think of a single way to connect your Palm to your iPod. There is no bluetooth built into the Touch. I've never heard of any sort of cable or the like that can connect an iPod to a Palm.

That aside, the software doesn't offer any capabilities for this in the Touch.

But, I'm also anti-jailbreaking my Touch, so I don't know what software is available there.

Anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.