Can you trade-in your old mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blSwagger, Nov 22, 2008.

1. blSwagger macrumors member

My friend has a 4-year-old G4 and wants to get the new 17" (when it comes out, hopefully in January). Can she trade in her G4? How much do you think she can get for it? Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Not to Apple. She should sell it on eBay or locally.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

eBay will be her best bet, Apple doesn't do trade-in programs.

4. blSwagger thread starter macrumors member

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Please don't ask for valuations here, thanks, particularly for other people. You need to be eligible for the forum's Marketplace, for which you need 250 posts and have been a registered member for 180 days.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If I were you I would advise against selling on ebay from personal experience. These past few months have been nothing but trouble. Apparently computers are instantly flagged as "suscpicious" transactions so your funds may not be dispursed for 30 days and you will have to wait until the other indivdual leaves positive feedback or ebay simply feels that your worthy enough for your money. If they have absolutely any quarrels with you paypal will rip the cash from you with the quickness and make you prove your innocence. Not to rant, but if you can just do craigslist. So much less hassle, even when dealing with noshows. You'll get plenty of hits if the price is right, though.