can you transfer a baseband to another iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kieranw, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Kieranw macrumors newbie

Hi,

Whilst waiting for all those amazing guys that are trying to find an unlock for the baseband 4.11.08 I'm going to use a friend's spare iPhone.

I'm hoping to get all my apps, music, contacts etc transferred from my current iPhone4 (iOS 5 untethered jailbreak - BB 04.11.08) to my friends via the my itunes backup. By which I mean; backup my current phone and then connect my friends and load everything on.

My main concern is that I might give my friend's phone the dreded 4.11.08 BB in the process. Is this a valid concern and if so, is there anyway to prevent it from happening.
    What else would the phone inherit from the restore from my backup file/s? The jailbreak itself? nothing other than my apps, music, contacts etc?

Thanks in advance!

2. hellkm28 macrumors newbie

I really don't think that is possible to exchange BB, the process you're about to make is FILES backup, not the firmware that are currently in the modem (BB).

3. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Just don't restore or update his phone.

Syncing should be fine.

4. Kieranw thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

U could use redsnow and create a custom firmware. Unless I'm missing something it shouldn't be to hard.

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Backup in itunes do not contain baseband. It does contain some files from jailbreak apps, such as settings, but those would be hidden unless you have the same jailbreak apps installed.