Can you transfer game saves from an iphone to an ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by meast003, Nov 24, 2011.

1. meast003 macrumors newbie

2. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Nope. Not unless the game supports iCloud.

[Edit]: Or you happen to restore the iPhone using the iPod touch back up or vice versa.

3. mbpro108 macrumors newbie

This might work.

I recently had the same problem. Wife had an iPod touch and now has a iPhone. She wanted a team lava game transferred. Looked online and came across iexplorer. I read you just copy all the contents in the folder of the app and just paste it on the new device. Didn't work and later found out that teamlava saves the data on their end. You provide the info they need and they will make the switch. Look up Iexplorer, might work for you.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/41631/how-to-backup-and-copy-data-between-ios-devices/

4. platinumfrost macrumors newbie

5. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

i thought you can just plug ur iphone to itune and then restore from Ipod touch back up. Just need to make sure capacity is enough.

6. platinumfrost macrumors newbie

If games support game saves through Game Center, then your games will be synced with the devices that have the same account.

But regarding the TeamLava transfers, you would have to contact TL to do the transfer for you or use their website.

I found that the storm8 app way to transfer TeamLava games to a new/different device was simpler.

Sorry I thought this thread was regarding TeamLava games. I guess it was for games in general :eek: