Can you try on AirPods in apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by desmond2046, Dec 22, 2016.

1. desmond2046 macrumors regular

desmond2046

EarPods often drop out from my ears when running (but not jogging or sitting still). I've heard that AirPods stay better. I really want to try them on before making a purchase.

Do they allow you to try on AirPods in Apple Stores?

2. Rorosbutt macrumors regular

I doubt it since it would be a hygiene issue.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Even if they did I would stay away. You can always return them if you really don't like how they fit.

4. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Yes, they offered me to try on some here in Syracuse. I declined but they had some prepackaged disinfectant wipes with the two trial pair. I just checked to see how light they were but didn't try them on.

5. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Yes, you can. Stores will have around half a dozen AirPods available to try on, at least. They are stored with the demo Watches, in the drawers. All AirPods are sanitized as soon as a demo is done.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Interesting to know. But I wouldn't do it. Even if they were sanitized. It just would be awkward and it would bother me knowing a demo Airpod was in some strangers ear. No thanks.

7. desmond2046 thread starter macrumors regular

desmond2046

Thank you for the info. I'll check them out soon. I don't mind trying them on as long as they are sanitized (Isn't using public restroom worse than this??).

8. josh bear macrumors regular

Yes. Saw this happen. The apple person made sure the cleaning was thorough. (Regent Street UK)

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Lol all these people talking about sanitation which is just not something that would have crossed my mind at all. You should see how ear buds are tossed around and shared at high school.

10. josh bear macrumors regular

lol. True. But ear wax becomes more gross the older you get ;)

11. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

Heck, ears become more gross the older you get, especially on men. Keep that in mind when you're showing off your new AirPods. ;)

12. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

13. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

This is truly unhygienic stuff. The wipes are almost as tacky as those offered at cheap fast food places.
    Not a good look Apple.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 7, 2017 ---
    Side note. The tray is cute. Reminds me of the trays used in Japan when exchanging cash and receipts.

14. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Would you WANT to??

15. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

I guess I have unusually shaped ears because I've yet to try a pair of in-ear headphones that'll stay in place... I wouldn't mind trying AirPods on before buying them. I'll have to remember to bring some sort of disinfectant wipe with me before doing so.

16. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

After seeing the crud that builds up in my pair, even after cleaning my ears daily, I wouldn't want to try display model ear buds of any kind.