Can you turn off the '3D' wallpaper/home screen effect?

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I'm sure I read somewhere that you can turn off the '3D' effect of the wallpapers so it doesn't 'move' around under the icons, is this true and if so where can I find such a setting. I've had a look around the settings menu and can't see anything :eek:

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I'm sure I read somewhere that you can turn off the '3D' effect of the wallpapers so it doesn't 'move' around under the icons, is this true and if so where can I find such a setting. I've had a look around the settings menu and can't see anything :eek:
Just set a different wallpaper. Only those two are dynamic. The rest are static.

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Just set a different wallpaper. Only those two are dynamic. The rest are static.
Thanks. Yeah I know about the dynamic vs non dynamic wallpapers, but even the static wallpapers have a 3D effect, so as you move your phone the background seems to move with you. I thought I read somewhere that you can stop this so that the wallpaper appears as though it does on iOS 6?

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Thanks. Yeah I know about the dynamic vs non dynamic wallpapers, but even the static wallpapers have a 3D effect, so as you move your phone the background seems to move with you. I thought I read somewhere that you can stop this so that the wallpaper appears as though it does on iOS 6?
See above :)

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I believe he is talking about the parallax effect.

Go into Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion
That is indeed what I was referring to. Thanks that's done it. So it's called the parallax effect is it? Every day's a school day ;)