Can you type without looking? :)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by California King, Apr 10, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

So I just downloaded Pages on my iPad and after playing around with the app, I decided to see how fast and accurate I could type without looking at the screen 100% of the time. I must say, I'm extremely impressed by the layout and accuracy of the iPad. Try it if you haven't already!

2. mconk macrumors 6502

mconk

When i have the ipad laying down in my lap within the apple case, propped up...i am starting to notice that i can type pretty darn fast, some of the time without even looking! I am pretty impressed with this keyboard. When i have it out of the case and naked, i am able to type pretty comfortably with my two thumbs, when it is horizontal. Hen vertical, i can type just fine with my left hand, as if typing on a normal keyboard...but with my left hand, i am primarily using my index finger, and thumb. I look really stupid typing like this, but it works...I'm right handed, and need to get used to using my other fingers on this keyboard. I just typed this all out in about a minute...not bad!

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I think my posture is a bit strange when I type on the iPad...probably just takes some time to get more comfortable. I just hope no one gives me funny looks in class!

4. malcolm233391 macrumors member

Yes, I sure can. I was taking notes today for my MGMT101 class and I was able to take about 2 pages of notes with minimal errors without looking at the screen. Most of the errors came my my thumb not registering with the spacebar and my nail hitting the C button and the iPad not recognizing it.

5. supermanx macrumors member

Biggest issue I find is having to constanly check my alignment or get a whole paragraph of gibberish. Other than that it is very easy to type on the keyboard.

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Yes I can type without looking. No it won't be legible when I finally look at what I typed

7. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

i don't have an ipad yet. but looking at the pictures of the keyboard i'm sure you could easily get used to it. just like typing quickly on an iphone i guess.

8. Spudracer macrumors 6502

He'll, I can't even type on a physical keyboard without looking.

9. Silvereel macrumors 6502

I've been trying, and I'm getting better at it, but errors still slip in. Case in point, most of my recent posts.

10. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I couldn't type on a regular keyboard without looking ;).

11. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Same with me. I can touch type near-flawlessly on a tactile keyboard with 90wpm, but struggle to do so on any soft keyboard, including the iPad. Any suggestions?

12. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Lol, typed on your iPad? I hate that Apple products don't like the word "hell"

13. sfditty macrumors regular

I cab tyoe eurgyr kiihubf overt wejj

Zdbr deih nt uoad