Can you un-install itunes updates

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dilsnufus, May 16, 2009.

1. Dilsnufus macrumors newbie

I recently installed the latest itunes onto my intel-based iMac and now when I play songs from my library after about 20 minutes of listening my screen shuts down but the music still plays for a couple of minutes. The computer doesnt completly shut down, in order to restart my computer I have to hold down the power button until the computer shuts down, then I can turn it back on? Can anyone help me with this issue?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Not sure that the issue is iTunes-related...have you checked in your Energy Saver preferences to see how long it takes before display/hard drive sleep activates?

In response to the main question, yes, it is possible to downgrade iTunes. The problem is that while its easy to remove iTunes and reinstall the latest version according to this article, if you want to move to a lower version you'll have to reinstall the version that shipped with your Mac, which is only possible through an archive & install to my understanding. If you want to run updates after the archive & install that'll re-update your version of iTunes/QuickTime as well which may cause the issue to reoccur unless you find out exactly what's causing it in the first place.

3. Dilsnufus thread starter macrumors newbie

weird

thanks, I didn't think to look there. I've had this iMac for 3 years and thats never happened before. When this first happened I tried hitting space bar, which would normally wake my computer up, I had to uncheck the option to let the power button wake up the computer. I'm thinking my 2 year old changed it on me, she seems to have a knack for finding the weirdest hot keys and getting into the strangest places of the computer. I'll have to put a lock on it.

Thanks again

Dilsnufus