Can you unlock 03.10.01 with Gevey?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h4lp m3, Oct 10, 2011.

1. h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

I have acquired an iPhone 4 from Canada and I cannot unlock it with my Gevey Ultra- and I don't know why. I know my Gevey is legit because its works in another iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3.3 perfectly.
    The only difference I can find between these 2 phones is the model and firmware.

Canadian MC603C / 03.10.01
    American MC610LL / 04.10.01

Would that make a difference?
    When I install the Gevey and power it on, it does nothing. No "accept" screen or anything. It just says "No Service".

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The accept screen doesn't need to show up. U have the required package intalled on Cydia?

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Try to switch airplane mode on and then off again, could help tho, but not sure.. worth a try..

Or follow these few simple steps, they may or may not work:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone & insert your SIM CARD & Gevey SIM together with the
    metal SIM tray provided

Step 2. Turn on your iPhone & wait for the SIM welcome menu & then select ‘’accept’’

Step 3. Then wait 15 seconds, dial ’’112’’ then click on ‘’SEND’’ hang up within 2
    seconds. ( DO NOT let the call to take place )

Step 4. Then go to SETTINGS , & turn AIRPLANE MODE to ON & wait until you see
    ‘’No Sim Card Installed’’ & then turn off AIRPLANE MODE . Your Phone should have
    signal after a few seconds.

But after 3 attempts it didn’t work with the Vodafone SIM ( I think it’s an old model ), so
    I switched for the Orange SIM it worked perfectly from the first attempt, then I’ve
    inserted the newly bought Cosmote SIM, I powered off the phone inserted the SIM &
    powered on the device , slide the Unlock & a pop up menu appeared ‘’ SIM Locked ‘’
    I’ve pressed Unlock, inserted the PIN number & waited … Pressed again OK still waiting
    to unlock … I hit again OK for the 3rd time, eventually the SIM unlocked.

After that I got the message to accept the bla bla bla message that poped out, then I dialed
    112 for 2 sec, all went well, continued with the instructions on step 4, settings & turn ON
    AIRPLANE MODE , after this I waited for the No SIM Card INSTALLED , a popup
    message came out ( SIM Failure ) then it closed automatically & got prompt again for the
    PIN , I inserted the PIN but this time it unlocked from the first time.
    After the PIN the beautiful signals appeared next to the LOGO of the Carrier
    COSMOTE. I must confess that I jumped from my seat of happiness .
    The internet Data plan worked fine without any trouble & the SIM had the full & glorious
    5 bars .

4. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine is a Gevey Ultra and I have the FuriousMod installed. I should not have to press 112, no?

Or do I have to do it 1 time?

5. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

try reading this and watch the video too: http://applenberry.com/store/gevey-sim/gevey-ultra.html

New instructions:
    Setting it up:

Step 1: Remove your SIM card, by inserting a paper clip into the pinhole next to your SIM slot, and cut it to fit the tray that should come with the GEVEY package. Never cut into the circuitry.

Step 2: Launch Cydia and add the following repository: cydia.furiousmod.com. Then locate the "FuriousMod" package and install it. After that’s done, a "No SIM card installed" error will pop up, that’s OK. Before proceeding, make sure your phone is turned off.

Step 3: Place the GEVEY SIM on the tray, along with your own SIM on top of it. Make sure both cards are on the tray, then insert it back into your phone.

Step 4: Power your phone back on and wait around 40 seconds for your signal to be detected. Ignore any errors and don’t interact with the device until your phone picks up the signal.

Step 5: In order to get 3G, turn on Roaming Mode by going into Settings > General > Network and selecting "Data Roaming".

You’re Done!

More info here: http://www.redmondpie.com/gevey-ult...ndPie+(Redmond+Pie)&utm_content=Google+Reader

6. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's telling me Network Lost
    Your selected cellular network is no longer available. You can choose a different network in Settings.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

what carrier are u on? Just re-boot the phone and swipe to unlock it and don't press anything until u get signal.

8. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm considering updating to IOS 5?
    Can the Gevey unlock it

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Once you update to OS5, your Gevey sim becomes a piece of useless foil. OS5 has baseband of 04.11 which can't be unlocked by any thing now.