Can you update Bootcamp drivers?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aevan, Jul 30, 2015.

1. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

Windows 10 is not officially supported in Bootcampt for now, but you can install it. When Apple updates Bootcamp and drivers, will it be possible to update the current Bootcamp drivers with new ones?

Thanks.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The Apple Software Update in Windows detects Bootcamp driver updates, and will install them when available.

I've encountered no issues so far with the current Bootcamp drivers and Windows 10. FYI

3. aevan thread starter macrumors 68000

aevan

Thanks. As I mentioned in a previous post, Windows 10 reports errors with AMD Radeon R9 M290X in Bootcamp on my iMac 5K.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You should be able to download Radeon drivers directly from AMD. No need to wait for Apple.

5. LarsChristensen macrumors newbie

I'm using Win8.1 with installed with Bootcamp.
    Did any of you just upgrade from Win8.1 to Win 10 using Windows Update?
    Meaning not having to make a Clean Bootcamp/windows reinstall, but simply just upgrading the already installed Win8.1.

- Lars

6. bubsdaddy macrumors member

I did on a mid-2011 iMac 27".

7. LarsChristensen macrumors newbie

And you're still able to boot to OSX from inside Win 10 using Bootcamp and Boot to Win10 from inside OSX?

- Lars

8. bubsdaddy macrumors member

I have my iMac set to boot to OS X automatically. If I hold down the option key I can choose to boot to Windows 10. I mostly get to Windows 10 using Parallels 10. All of it works except I am having limited success using the Apple Magic Trackpad when booting into Bootcamp Windows 10.

9. LarsChristensen macrumors newbie

But is it still possible to boot up OSX directly from within Win10? (You know right click on bootcamp in right lower corner)

10. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

Updated from Win7 to Win10 with no issues apart from the Apple bluetooth keyboard showing an error. It still works perfectly in Win10 though.

11. bubsdaddy macrumors member

I don't see any Bootcamp icon in the right lower corner. I didn't see it in Win 8.1 either.

12. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

If you look in the active programs window bottom right in the task bar, you'll probably see your GPU management running, etc. Also in here is a grey diamond icon which is your BootCamp program, click this and you can select the start-up disk i.e. Windows or MacOS.

13. bubsdaddy macrumors member

I still don't see it but in Control Panel, I have the bootcamp icon. Is this what you are asking about?

bootcamp.JPG

14. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

That's the Bootcamp control panel, so yes, but the other way to get to it is via the menu bottom right of your window. Either way works so it doesn't matter.

15. bubsdaddy macrumors member

I'm curious as to what was important about this?