Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Just curious, thinking about upgrading now since I'm about to do a fresh install before the school year starts (upgrade to legit version of all my applications), if so I might just go for it.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
When the full version will be out, we'll be able to tell, but so far it has always worked with previous OS X versions.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Cool. :)

Does "upgrading" from the public beta to the retail version leave anything behind? Just as good as doing a fresh install?

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I am also willing to bet that those in the Public Beta program will have access to the GM when it is released. If that is the case, the you will not to upgrade to the retail version, as the GM is the same as that version, unless there is a some sort of last minute flaw to it.

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
I am also willing to bet that those in the Public Beta program will have access to the GM when it is released. If that is the case, the you will not to upgrade to the retail version, as the GM is the same as that version, unless there is a some sort of last minute flaw to it.

But could GM update to 10.10.1? I bet you'd update to the public release version first and if you couldn't do that I would think you couldn't update to 10.10.1 either. This is all beside the point as it sure looks like you can update to the public release version.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
But could GM update to 10.10.1? I bet you'd update to the public release version first and if you couldn't do that I would think you couldn't update to 10.10.1 either. This is all beside the point as it sure looks like you can update to the public release version.

Yes, the GM and the public are almost always the same.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana

Thats true, but unless you plan on doing a clean install from the Public Betas and GM version to the release version, then it will be quite unnecessary. Also, I am not sure about OS X, but last year I ran the iOS 7 GM, not updating to the release version, and I was able to update to the small point updates when they came out (7.0.1 for example). I imagine it should also be the same with OS X too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.