can you upload pictures into photobooth?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sa21189, Sep 23, 2009.

1. sa21189 macrumors newbie

i recently restored my macbookpro to factory settings and had all teh photos taken with my photobooth saved. is there anyway i can restore those pictures back into photobooth? thanks for any help

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I'm not at my Mac, so I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the Photo Booth pictures are stored at:

[User Account] -> Pictures -> Photo Booth

The best way to tell is to take a new picture using Photo Booth and see if this folder exists. :D

3. sa21189 thread starter macrumors newbie

at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...where would i find user accounts? i cant seem to locate it.

4. molecaat macrumors newbie

Click on your HD then the folder users. there should be a icon with a house and your user name. that's it.

5. sa21189 thread starter macrumors newbie

i put the pictures into that folder but it didnt come up on photo booth guess you cant upload them?

6. Mew2468 macrumors regular

I remember being able to drag them into the actual application, but I'm not sure. Try that.

Edit: Never mind, just tried and it didn't work. Funny, I remember doing that at one point.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I found this that tells you how to import photos into Photo Booth:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070908142808852

You just need to add the photos to the location I stated earlier (Macintosh HD -> Users -> [your user name] -> Pictures -> Photo Booth) and then follow the instructions on adding the file names to the .plist file.

8. sa21189 thread starter macrumors newbie

uhm how do i get the plist i only got up to the part where i click on photobooth