Can you use 2 keyboards and 2 trackpads at the same time?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AbeFroman77, Aug 19, 2011.

1. AbeFroman77 macrumors 6502

I want to plug in a usb mechanical keyboard and have a trackpad alongside it. I also want to have the apple wireless keyboard attached to another trackpad with the magic connector. So I can use that as a "remote" keyboard/trackpad.

----------

Actually, I probably only need 1 trackpad and just attach it to the apple wireless keyboard when I want to use it "remotely". So, the question is can I use a USB keyboard and the Apple wireless keyboard at the same time?

2. turbobass macrumors 6502

3. AbeFroman77 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. turbobass macrumors 6502

IDK, get it brick and mortar retail and hopes that it works fine? ;)

5. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Turboass, I think you have it backward.

The original poster appears to be asking how to use multiple input devices on a single computer, not a single set of input on multiple computers.

Yes, Abe, multiple input devices work fine. I've had three USB keyboards plugged in at once to play "You Don't Know Jack" before. And I've had multiple Bluetooth devices along with physical, too. (Internal keyboard and trackpad on a MacBook - which are really just internal USB devices - plus two Bluetooth keyboards and two Bluetooth mice.)

Apple even officially suggests using two Bluetooth 'mouse' devices at once, in the form of both the Magic Mouse and the Magic Trackpad at the same time.

6. turbobass macrumors 6502

You guys just blew my mind. :D

7. AbeFroman77 thread starter macrumors 6502

Makes sense. I wanted to make sure before I ordered the mechanical keyboard. Thanks.