Can You Use Adobe's DVD Authoring Software With An FCE-Exported Project?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nyycavo24, Jul 21, 2009.

1. nyycavo24 macrumors member

Has anyone ever used Adobe's DVD Authoring Software (Is it Encore?) to author a DVD after exporting from FCE?

Can it be done?

The reason I ask is because iDVD is okay and will probably work for me, but I would love to give DVD Studio Pro a shot....but aren't interested in paying for FCP....

Adobe offers a full trial of all of its CS4 Software, so if its possible, and anyone has used it before...I thought I would give it a shot.

Does anyone have any feedback on the software in terms if compatibility, control, and options?

2. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I downloaded the free trial a while back. I think i was using CS2 maybe? Anyway, I found it to be very powerful and precise, meaning I think the sky is pretty much the limit for it, but for me I was on a time crunch and found the learning curve to be just a bit too steep while I was rushing to get things done.

3. nyycavo24 thread starter macrumors member

I think I may be in your situation as well...a little bit rushed.

Did you import something from FCP/FCE? Was it compatible?

That's my main concern..I'd love to see if there are anymore really neat templates out there and maybe even use some of the powerful features you alluded to..but if it won't let me import my 2 hours long DV NTSC movie from FCE, then it would be a waste obviously.

4. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

use Adobe Media Encoder to encode the MOV to a .AC3 and .M2V file. Then you can import it into Encore.

5. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I was actually importing from Premiere, so all the importing business was simple. I ran into trouble when I wanted to utilize some of Encore's power. I really wanted to have a video intro lead into my menu, but have the audio be seemless between the two. Ultimately I wanted to do to much, got frustrated and resorted back to my Roxio software. If a copy of Encore fell from the sky, I'd definitely take the time to learn it, but so far I haven't been hit with any falling software.