Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjhulik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
I was just curious if the Bluetooth apple keyboard will work with the iPad? Or do you have to buy a new keyboard? Thanks to all that reply. Have a great new year !

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I was just curious if the Bluetooth apple keyboard will work with the iPad? Or do you have to buy a new keyboard? Thanks to all that reply. Have a great new year !

Yes I have successfully used the keyboard with my iPad. With that said, I find it too cumbersome to take both with me. If you want a device that is small and has a keyboard you are better off with the 11 inch MBA.

mjhulik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Yes I have successfully used the keyboard with my iPad. With that said, I find it too cumbersome to take both with me. If you want a device that is small and has a keyboard you are better off with the 11 inch MBA.

Hey thanks! Just wanted to know just in case I wanted to type someting fast at home! How did you connect the two devices?

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Hey thanks! Just wanted to know just in case I wanted to type someting fast at home! How did you connect the two devices?

Settings > General > Bluetooth. Search for devices and then it will ask you to type in a passcode on the keyboard to finish the linking.

mjhulik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Settings > General > Bluetooth. Search for devices and then it will ask you to type in a passcode on the keyboard to finish the linking.

Thanks that is what I was thinking but wasnt 100%! Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.