iPhone 11 Pro Can you use apple gift card for pre order

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
in pre approved for iPhone. Can I use apple gift cards to pay the first payment they charge for the iPhone upgrade program.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
From my understanding, with the iUP program, to start the process, you must use a credit card (no debit card, so likely no gift card) for the first purchase, then after that you can log into citizen one's account and change the payment to ACH withdrawl from your bank account.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
in pre approved for iPhone. Can I use apple gift cards to pay the first payment they charge for the iPhone upgrade program.
I don’t think you can for the upgrade program, but pre-ordering with gift cards for payment methods for actual Apple products, absolutely you can. (That’s how I paid for my last Apple Watch I ordered, was using gift cards.)

Fun fact:

You can use up to {eight} gift cards when making a purchase with Apple.com on Apple products.

Last edited:

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
From my understanding, with the iUP program, to start the process, you must use a credit card (no debit card, so likely no gift card) for the first purchase, then after that you can log into citizen one's account and change the payment to ACH withdrawl from your bank account.
I don’t think you can for the upgrade program, but pre-ordering with gift cards for payment methods for actual Apple products, absolutely you can. (That’s how I paid for my last Apple Watch I ordered, was using gift cards.)

Fun fact:

You can use up to {eight} gift cards when making a purchase with Apple.com on Apple products.
Ah okay, .I though the first payment of 60 something could be paid with apple cards.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
I have used Apple Store gift cards to pay for phones when buying outright... not sure if there's a mechanism for using gift card to pay installments...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.