Can You Use Bluetooth Headsets with an iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by DocDoom, Sep 11, 2009.

1. DocDoom macrumors regular

...I was wondering if its possible to use a Bluetooth earpiece with the iPod Touch, and listen to your music, and videos through the earpiece?

2. broken-chaos macrumors regular

broken-chaos

The iPod Touch 2nd generation and higher, with the 3.0 software update or later has an active Bluetooth chip in it. I understand that it supports stereo bluetooth headphones (A2DP), but I haven't actually heard of anyone testing an earpiece. (I'm assuming you mean the earpiece sort that's used with phones - mono sound and microphone.)

3. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the ones used with phones...

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I couldn't pair a Jabra BT125 with my iPod touch, and this article would seem to indicate that you can't use the headset/hands-free protocols with an iPod touch. No mention of the 3rd gen/Fall 2009 model yet.

5. dfy macrumors member

My colleague and I both have a Philips SHB9000 Bluetooth-headset and he uses it with a iPod Touch 2G 16GB.
    I plan to get a 3G 8GB and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work as well.

The sound quality is great, and if for whatever reason you can't or don't want to use bluetooth, the headset also has a 3.5 minijack.