Can you use gestures while in Finder and other Apple apps?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Imola Ghost, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

It's nice to use gestures for backward/forward while within Safari while browsing the internet but can I set up gestures so that I can go backward/forward thru the Finder, iTunes or etc?

I could have swore I use to be able to do this but can't seem to locate it.

2. simsaladimbamba

In Finder you can, but you can also use BetterTouchTool to use a lot more gestures for application specific functions.

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

I can't seem to do this with Finder. I have all of the gestures turned on but can't go back or forward to a previous visited folder in Finder.

I'll try the other application though but as it sits it won't let me within Finder.

4. simsaladimbamba

I can use the three finger left/right swipe gesture to go back and forwards in Finder and Aurora/Firefox, though I use Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

5. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

This is on Lion and I think it is why I remember doing but haven't lately.

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Make certain the option to 'Swipe between pages' is set to 'Swipe with two or three fingers' in the Trackpad preferences. Swiping with three fingers will also be the old directions, swipe left to go back and swipe right to go forward. The two finger swipes in Safari will still be the new way, opposite from the three finger navigation.

7. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks that seemed to work somewhat, however I can get it to work in "Finder" with 3 fingers but not 2 fingers. I guess I can live with that unless there is something else to try.

8. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

The 2 finger gestures will not work in Finder. I have even tried using BetterTouchTool so setup 2 finger gestures for Finder and they still don't work.

9. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, thanks but at least I have 3 fingers working.