Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Question,

Is it possible to switch between iPhones?

I own a 6+ but may want to use the smaller 5s on workouts and runs. Can I just pop out the SIM card and use it between both devices as I want to? Is it as easy as just popping it out and putting in the other phone?

Just curious if there would be any issues...thanks.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Question,

Is it possible to switch between iPhones?

I own a 6+ but may want to use the smaller 5s on workouts and runs. Can I just pop out the SIM card and use it between both devices as I want to? Is it as easy as just popping it out and putting in the other phone?

Just curious if there would be any issues...thanks.

yes thats as easy as it is

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
But also best to avoid constantly removing and inserting the sim. There's only a limited number of insertions before you damage the pins.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
If you do this, using 1 SIM with 2 iPhones, will it cause texting and other programs to be out of sync? Or will the "offline" phone catch up once then SIM is back in it? I'm interested as long as both are basically identical with respect to programs, voicemail, text, and so on when I pick each one up.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
If you do this, using 1 SIM with 2 iPhones, will it cause texting and other programs to be out of sync? Or will the "offline" phone catch up once then SIM is back in it? I'm interested as long as both are basically identical with respect to programs, voicemail, text, and so on when I pick each one up.

You can have the same apps etc but texts/calls will only appear on the phone that received them.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Will be interesting to see how it works, because iMessage will work via WiFi when the SIM card isn't installed... but the phone's identify is by phone number. I think that some things might get out of sync like that but in general it should work if you are careful. You may want to limit the things you do on one of the phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.