Can You Use Paper-Thin Silicone and an Incase Slider?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MICHAELSD, Aug 20, 2009.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The Incase Slider would be a great case if Incase could use a silicone interior or at least a rubberized or felt interior. Looking at the paper thin, flimsy silicone sleeve that comes with the Rebel Neo, I was curious if you could buy a paper-thin silicone case or just buy a Rebel Neo and use the silicone with that and the Incase Slider. For me, part of owning a case has been scratch protection, so I don't want the case to leave decent sized marks on my iPhone, especially since resale value is significantly better for iPhones that almost look new. Any ideas? Has anyone ever modified an Incase Slider?

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

No way will this fit. Some people have a hard enough time getting the incase slider to slide off their phones. There is simple no room in this case to even use a BSE or Zagg. You couldn't squeeze a fart into that case.

3. skiman4602 macrumors newbie

Not a chance. And i dont get it...I've used an incase slider for 9 months now and it has never left a scratch on the back, and barely anything worth crying about on the bezel. And regardless, unless you live a dust free world, any case at some point is going to leave some sort of footprint on your phone.

4. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Yes, but a case is supposed to protect your iPhone. I'd rather have something like the Candyshell (which I don't own BTW but might get) that has the best of both worlds, but adds a little thickness. The protection of silicone and the look of a hard case. Or the Incase Frame Case.

5. V4705 macrumors 6502

+1
    the silicone coating inside not only protect the phone from scratches, its also provide much more shock absorbing.

the only minus of the candyshell is the "crackability" of the bottom strip.

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Though they're not silicone skins, I have used GelaSkins and DecalGirl skins on my iPhones, and while they're very thin at less than 2mm thick, my Incase Slider can just barely make it on and is almost impossible to remove with a skin on underneath. I wouldn't recommend you try to put the Slider over any other case if you want to be able to remove it from your iPhone without breaking it first.

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

no way jose. and no your cant use a gela skins with a slider