Can you use the Apple Remote to control iPhone's iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyyitzmelissa, Feb 12, 2012.

1. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

I like to Shuffle music while I'm in the shower but I also skip about 80% of songs. Being in the shower, I can't just skip everytime I don't want to hear a song.

I don't want a workaround like deleting songs, I want to know if the Apple Remote can control the iPhone's music. I'd attach it to my shower wall and seal it in a waterproof, transparent concealment to skip music.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If by "Apple Remote" you mean the remote that you can get with Macs, then no, sorry :(

3. JAT macrumors 603

Get a waterproof setup for the phone itself, instead.

Or make a "shower" playlist. This isn't a workaround, it's the proper way to cope with a large library. Make five of them.

4. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

OP: It works the other way around! You can control your ATV with the "Remote" app for iPhone and iPad, but you cannot (as posted above) do the opposite.

5. jamewhite86 macrumors newbie

Can you use the Apple Remote to control iPhone's iPod

Remote lets you control the iTunes library on your Mac the same way you play music or video on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Fast-forward, pause, and rewind. Choose a song, shuffle an album, or skip to the next track. Even create Genius playlists. Album art looks amazing on the large iPad display and stunning on the vibrant iPhone 4 and iPod touch Retina displays.

6. aztooh macrumors 6502a

This^^

And I'd add take shorter showers.

7. heyyitzmelissa, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

heyyitzmelissa thread starter macrumors 6502

So it won't pair with iPhones. I don't care for workarounds, thanks.

8. yrchern macrumors member

If you get a universal dock, you can use the remote to control the music app in an iPhone.