Can you use the iMac as a tv for xbox 360?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by erandall38, Aug 1, 2007.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I have beens searching the forums, but all I am getting is that you can stream your music and videos onto the xbox 360.
    But can I actually hook my xbox 360 up to a iMac and play it on the iMac. The point is I Just want to have an iMac in my room and no TV.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Only with extra hardware such as the devices made by Elgato.

3. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

There is no line in to the screen so you won't be able to hook it up sorry to burst the bubble...

But a Mac mini with a nice screen, a KVM box and an xbox might work...

4. Toddgabweg macrumors member

Toddgabweg

I am hoping that the new imacs will have such inputs to hook up a 360 or PS3. Here's hoping that Apple listened to the demands:apple:

5. DrDamn macrumors newbie

They may add a HDMI input (crosses fingers). This would accomodate a PS3 or Elite 360, but not a regular 360.

6. LoganT macrumors 68020

You could just get a componet to HDMI adapter.

7. DrDamn macrumors newbie

Component to HDMI isn't simple or cheap though is it? There is a reason MS haven't released a HDMI cable for the regular 360 - it can't output a digital video signal, only analogue. HDMI is digital only. So the signal would have to go through a processing box of some sort.

8. KingofAwesome macrumors regular

I don't really think that's a high-demand feature. Most home users want their entertainment on the bigger TV in their living room - something they can see from the couch. You're an exception to that.