Can you use your iPhone 4 on wi-Fi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joesgirl97, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Joesgirl97, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011

Joesgirl97 macrumors member

Joesgirl97

Still tossing the whole Verizon iPhone thing around. I already have a Verizon Myfi, so I don't need to use the phone as a hotspot, my question is. Can I sign up for the $15 data plan and use my phone mostly off of my Myfi which I don't ever come CLOSE to reaching half my limit?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question! :eek:

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yup you can! I plan on doing the same thing if a small data package is available because my entire college campus is wireless.

3. Joesgirl97 thread starter macrumors member

Joesgirl97

OMG!!! I can't wait!! My contract is up and I'm ready to roll :D. :eek:

THANK YOU!!!!! ;)

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Where's the link that confirms this?

5. jacollins macrumors 6502a

You're talking data only, right? Unless you're using Skype or some other VOIP service, the calls won't work over WiFi.

6. Joesgirl97 thread starter macrumors member

Joesgirl97

Yes I was referring to data only, I do understand I'd still need a calling plan. :)

7. jacollins macrumors 6502a

I don't believe details on the data plan have been announced yet by Verizon (and I don't know the current pricing schemes for Verizon's data). Assuming it works the same way as on other carriers, they've got multiple types of data plans (cheap for feature phones, more expensive for smartphones) and you will have to buy the more expensive data plan for smartphones for your iPhone, even if you don't use it. You can't go with no data plan for example.