Can you use your iPhone/iTouch with XBOX 360?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djearlybird, Dec 29, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

There are very few things I dislike about the iPhone. One major problem is that I can't play my music thru my 360. I thought the fall update was supposed to fix this. Has anyone had any luck getting their tunes to play thru the 360???:confused:

2. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Mine doesn't work either, unfourtunately.

3. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

You can't use them on the 360. The update just allowed you to use the classic. The reason being you can connect to the internet with the iphone and the touch.

4. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

I highly doubt thats the reason, if so airplane mode would fix the problem. I think because the way it writes the song to the memory is totally different.

5. otis123 macrumors 6502a

well its flash, and dont nanos work with the 360? the only reason i see is that it runs mini OS X.

6. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I wouldn't doubt it. Microsoft is anal when it comes to security on the 360.

7. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

We know airplane mode would allow you to turn off the signals but do you really think they are going to trust you to do that.

8. binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

Still no luck with the iPhone 3g and the 360..:(

My friend has a 5th gen iPod video and all he has to do is hook his iPod up via USB and magically it appears under "Portable Devices". Although, when I plug my iPhone 3g in nothing happens. Which I am puzzled by:confused:. Correct me if I am wrong but both the iPod and the iPhone store their music the same way. The only difference is the iPhone can do way more then just play music and videos.

I may be wrong again, but I don't think the problem is with os x. I say this because I can browse and play my iTunes collection on my macbook through my 360.

9. forrestmc4 macrumors regular

The iPhone filesystem is different than that found on an iPod classic. Also, the iPhone prohibits mounting as a USB mass storage device which is how the 360 mounts an iPod classic.

10. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Yep, I have no doubt it's the file system in the iPhone/Touch. No doubt the lack of disk mode is for the same reason.

Phazer

11. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Sorry to hijack the thread (if only for a second), but can I ask how you managed to do this?

12. binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

Connect360 allows you to share your itunes with the xbox media player.
    Here's the company's site and download link http://www.nullriver.com/products/connect360.
    I share it via airport and use an old linksys range extender I had laying around instead of the $100 network adapter.

Haven't had any problems at all.:D

13. hensonamie macrumors newbie

I use the free app. Airmusic on my iphone it links to my xbox without having to plug it in. :)

14. bigbowlofjelly macrumors member

Been using this for a while didn't know it was free now. Its works, just don't like the fact you have to relaunch the app every 10 min.

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm sure that helps the people who posted here three years ago.