Can you wait for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iWantiPhone, Jul 4, 2008.

?

Can you wait for the iPhone?

Poll closed Jul 11, 2008.
  1. Yes, i am happy and excited, but it doesnt really effect my life.

42.5%
  2. No, i am going crazy! I cant sleep at night and I dream about the iPhone!

57.5%
  1. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

Can you guys wait for the iPhone? How do you manage the excitement? :D

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I manage my excitement by wondering why people think that things like this warrant a new thread.

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

do we have a choice ?

I waited this long... i could wait another week.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Sucks that I won't even be here launch day :( I have to wait until July 13th to get the iPhone 3G. My friend is rubbing it in my face that he will have it before me, even though he doesn't even know the features of the damn thing..

5. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

if you want to be rude, do it some where else. please.

6. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Not being able to sleep because the iPhone 3G comes out in a week seems a bit much. if that is you, I would possibly consider some help :D I am excited, but sleep is not a problem. One week is only a week.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The passed 3 months i have canceled parties, work, sporting events, vacation time to sit on my computer and hit refresh for more Apple news.

I'll be in line at 3AM, but i'm not really excited over a phone until then.

8. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

it takes me an hour and a half to fall asleep. and then i dream about the iPhone. and then during the day i am going crazy not knowing what to do with myself, because i worked really hard for a year to get the iPhone and now im so close.

9. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

He is not being rude he is speaking the truth

10. gibbz macrumors 68030

I am going to have to check myself in MR/iPhone 3G rehab. It could be a long stay.

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

No rush here. Will wait to see how it all pans out before getting one.

12. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

ok, then. if you dont like the thread, dont look at it and dont reply in it.

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I certainly didn't mean to be rude, at least. How old are you, OP? Sounds like a complication brought upon by a rush of endorphins leading to a low-band loss of cognation in the prefrontal...

You're lusting over a phone. Yes, Apple is the end-all, do-all, be-all of tech. I know that. Dreams of a phone are what Freud would call, "Was haben wir hier?!"

I don't have much room to talk, though. I didn't want a first-rev iPhone when it was announced because of the cost (same as the first iPod) and because newer versions would be cheaper and better (3G iPhone), but I won one anyway. Go figure.

14. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Would you like some iTissue for your iTears?

15. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Ok now you're being silly. :)

Just prepare to be disappointed. (The highs of anticipation are very seldom justified.)

Good that you have worked hard for something — and i hope you get a lot of good use and enjoyment out of your iPhone.

But life is so much more. :D

16. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

lol. i know its not everything in life, but im sure i will like it. i have used the first iPhone, since my friend has it, and i like it very much. i get this rush over anything really, like, new computer parts, wondering if i got a good grade on that test (i usually do :p), basically anything thats new. and i get excited once i know i can afford to get it, like when the iPhone 3G was announced, i did not care. at all. iPhone shmy-phone. but i work for/help out my parents to get what ever i want, in this case, the iPhone. My parents promised me that if i list thier merchandise on thier web site 100+ items and sell my current phone (razr2 v9), they will get me what ever i want. so yea. i sold my razr2 for $202.50. and now that i know i will get the iphone, im going nuts. lol.

17. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

This made me laugh. "Was haben wir hier" indeed.

18. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

14. like i said, im not just lusting over a phone. i worked hard and now i get my reward after a long period of time. and its more like dreams of me owning an iphone, not just like an iphone with a black background and i keep going through the specs of the phone. lol. its kind of like dreaming of your goals.

19. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

yes. please. :D

20. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Hey Tallest,

Are you planning on getting the new iPhone ? I know that the new 3G iPhone wont be unlockable for a while (perhaps 2+ weeks before its unlocked) and i know how much you hate at&t.

Just curious if your planning on coming over to the dark side. :D

21. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

+1

no one over the age of 18 posts things like this.....it's all little kids. you gotta cut them some slack though, because they get so excited; it's like xmas to them.

22. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

23. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

"I wish I was little bit taller,
    I wish I was a baller
    I wish I had a girl who looked good
    I would call her
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    and a '64 Impala"

if your old enough to remember this one hit wonder...

24. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

yes it definitely is. :D oh yea, and my parents think im crazy as well. so you guys are not alone. :p

but then again, do you call the people who sleep outside for the iphone 100% normal as well?

25. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It depends on the price for which I can purchase it.

Cost of subsidized AT&T iPhone+first month of service+me taking data off the day after I activate+ETF after one month is still less than buying the unsubsidized* iPhone, BUT I'm going to college (IRELAND, my first semester), so I need to save my money... for my tricked-out, top-of-the-line, bleeding-edge Nehalem Mac Pro. I have ALMOST enough right now on my own, and my grandmother is going to give me enough for it on her own, anyway (great woman, her), so I don't know.

There's been talk of Apple selling at the subsidized price regardless, but that's crazy (enough to be real? We'll see.)

*Here is my take on the "no-contract" iPhone. You know, the one being sold for $599 and $699. Okay, so AT&T is selling an iPhone without a contract, but It's still locked to them. "Okay," you say, "That's fine. I'll just buy it and unlock to use with Centennial or T-Mobile. Piece of cake! It's not even a lie!" BUT. BUT. Remember that crap about there being a penalty on phones not activated within 30 days and that not making sense since we have to activate in the store? Well, that 30 days "penalty" crap applies to the unsubsidized iPhones. You will have to do something involving AT&T with those iPhones within 30 days... whereas if you cancel your contract after 30 days, you get to keep your iPhone, it's cheaper, and then you can unlock.