Can your replacement iphone be a different color?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kevsta26, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5's home button isn't working properly so I am going to the apple store soon for a replacement, I was wondering if it was possible to also receive the other color when your getting a new one? It's the exact same capacity and everything, just a different color, not sure if it matters... So could I get the opposite color as my replacement?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Usually they dont let you since its against policy but you can give it a shot.
    Worst thing that can happen is they will say no.

3. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't really get why, I mean all it is is just a different color... Lol, I guess it might be cause it won't be the same thing in the records or on the original receipt? I don't know

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure either.
    I guess they dont want people to keep making excuses to get different color phones for no good reason.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

You won't be able to - as far as the computer knows it's a different product with a different part number.

6. iphoneglance2 macrumors newbie

This all depends on the type of person helping you out with the replacement. Some will some won't. But just try.