Canada Apple Store Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Towelie, May 3, 2010.

1. Towelie macrumors newbie

My Iphone 3GS will be getting fixed or exchanged. My one issue with this is I did have it unlocked for Fido, and the phone would be locked to Rogers. My question to everyone else has anyone else gone to the store and gotten a replacement phone working on a different network then it should be? Considering all 4 of Canada's top providers I don't see why this would be a problem....but then again I don't see problems with it being unlocked in the first place.

I've called the store but gave me the run around with the whole replacement and what network it'll be on.

Thanks guys for the help.

Also anyone think I'll be stuck with the awful baseband with a exchange?

2. Towelie thread starter macrumors newbie

Nobody has gotten a exchange at a Apple Store?

3. profets macrumors 68040

From what i've seen its very easy to activate a Fido or Rogers iPhone with either sim card.

4. Towelie thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the thing in Canada we have it on all 4 major providers, so I don't see how asking for a Fido locked phone would be a issue. I know how easy it is to unlock but if running 3.1.3 with a baseband will stop me until 4.0 comes out with a baseband unlock. So I'm hoping that I get a Rogers phone but on 3.1.2, or complain and get a Fido locked phone on whatever baseband they want.

5. profets macrumors 68040

I've actually played quite a bit with iPhones originally shipped through rogers, fido and bell. What i've found is that a fido iphone for example, i've put a fido sim, activated through itunes, and it is locked to fido. but I can then restore the phone, put a rogers sim, and the phone will then be locked to rogers. i've seen that this can happen between rogers and fido iphones, but not from a rogers iphone to bell for example.

6. Towelie thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, I've tried just putting in my Fido sim. I don't get any options to use a carrier when putting in my fido SIM. So I don't know what else to do at this point anyways.