Canada/French localization?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ratbert, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Ratbert macrumors newbie

After playing with Fusion @ VMWorld last week I've decided that a Mac Pro w/ 3-5 monitors makes the most sense as a platform for my primary workstation. I've been looking at various ads on ebay and see several listings with Canada/French localization. I asked the seller about this and he/she said that 99% sure it will come with both English and French. But even if this is true I'm not quite sure what this means.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what Canada/French localization actually means in practical use? Saving a few hundred $$ over list price would be nice, but I don't want to do it if it's just going to be a giant hassle getting it to play nice in good old fashioned American English.

2. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

This means you're going to get a Canadian French keyboard. It'll have keys with accented letters instead of the "?" or "{" keys. Other than that, everything else is software, all you need to do is switch the language to English (US) and you'll be fine. You might want to buy a US keyboard to avoid confusion.