Canada iPad Owners - Bell LTE Activation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by numbersyx, Mar 16, 2012.

1. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Has anyone been able to activate LTE with Bell yet? I can't see how to do it. The View Account button is not onscreen. Scratching my head as to how to do it.

2. mingtwo macrumors newbie

Just called Bell, followed instructions for half an hour, but finally, the CS said "View Account" would not appear on a third-gen iPad. The only choice now is to get a plan...

3. numbersyx thread starter macrumors 65816

numbersyx

This is a bit of a joke. Bell themselves, on their web page, advertise on iPad activation. Surely this must be a technical glitch. If not, I'm heading to Telus...

4. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Have you tried getting a new sim card especialy for the ipad?

5. jim.bright17 macrumors member

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with this. At first i thought maybe I was just being stupid lol Looks like I will have to pick up a telus SIM card. Can anyone confirm they work correctly?

6. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

It's the same with Rogers. Spent a half hour on the phone; first activating the sim card then fighting about the new 10GB plan, then finding out I have to get a plan first.

Good news is he told me it's still month to month, I can cancel at any time. It's not a contract.

Plans are still cheaper than the states for once, with 10 Gb of data for the first 5 months! (first 2 months unlimited).

Too bad there's no LTE in my town yet, but they do have 4G (HSPA+).

7. numbersyx thread starter macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Yes, just checked on the Bell site. They have now amended, in small print, the fact the the iPad activation is only available for iPads 1 and 2. Telus seems to still have it...

8. Ecard macrumors newbie

I just took my sim card from my old iPad 1 and turned on lte and I was able to download at 20+ mB/s :)

No call to bell

9. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

On-screen activation ONLY applies for prepaid HSPA activations. If you wish to have LTE access, you MUST activate a postpaid plan, through a store or customer service, with an LTE MicroSIM card. If you want prepaid, you will only get HSPA speeds...in these cases, a standard "pre-provisioned" HSPA SIM will work. These SIMs specifically say "pre-provisioned" on them.

For those that say "Telus still works", it'll be exactly the same as Bell. Prepaid services will NOT be provisioned for access on LTE.

10. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

AFAIK it applies to ALL iPads in Canada. LTE or Not.

Apple dropped the ball on these negotiations.