Canada iPhone 4s = NO SIRI:(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steve31, Oct 5, 2011.

1. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

There is no Siri mention on the Apple Canada site.....are we getting screwed again? If so I will not be getting a 4s. Nexus Prime for me!!!

2. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Enjoy your new device.

Seems odd to completely change your mind because of one feature, rather than waiting to see if it's just going to come a bit later...

3. rsxmachine macrumors 6502a

I believe its on the phone, you just can't use it to find local places in Canada yet. The rest of it should work.

4. steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steve31

A lot of the great iCloud features are not comming to Canada at the launch and now this. There is not a commpelling feature for us in Canada. I love Apple but Android is every bit as good as IOS.

5. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

According to The Vancouver Sun, it WILL be coming. It's just that there's no "Canadian English/Canadian French" voice option. You'll have to use US English when you get it.

6. cube macrumors G5

I suspect it is not advertised there because it wouldn't understand Canadian French.

I imagine it's the same thing for German-speaking countries other than Germany.

7. photogjs macrumors newbie

I have a feeling Siri can't comprehend the vast dialect in Canada from "Eh?" to the word "about" :)