Canada Refurb list, what appears as a 'good value'..??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobcan, Nov 27, 2014.

1. bobcan, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014

bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Hello all ~ ~ Even though I have used a 15" MBP since mid-2006 (on my 3rd one, a 2011 model, which has yet to meet its almost certain demise _ apparently) I have never had much [any] real interaction with a 13" MBP, and a friend is wondering which of these REFURBS might be a good Value for the $$ up here in Canada..??

And/or : is there a good reason to WAIT for a 'more current refurb' even maybe if a particular model is desirable..??

Seems to me the more current refurb models available use an i5 as opposed to the 2013s having an i7 processor _ Anyone have any real-life experiences that they might share for a user who most likely would do basic MS Office tasks (incl some Powerpoint) and some Photoshop work as the most taxing..?? She is definitely wanting a 'good battery life' as well as decent performance, with Battery seemingly being more important.. Perhaps ~ of course, that may/will change once she gets one.. Right.?? HA :rolleyes:

Much appreciated, Stay Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA, and GO Packers please!! :D

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

The 13 inch is dual core only

As they are all dual core the difference between CPU's for i7 and i5 is very small about 7% on benchmarks, real world difference is negligible.

As for that use case then sure refurb is almost always a good move. I have the 2.6 i5 8gb 512gb ssd version and I love it, fast, fluid, light, great battery, good connectivity and the screen is amazing.

Sounds like the perfect little mobile worikstation for her usage.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Moved this question to a new thread, instead of hijacking the existing thread.

4. bobcan thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Thanks 'maflynn' _ I wasn't sure when I posted it, but decided after it was likely a bad way to address _ much appreciated!! :)

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Go with a 2013 model that fits your need with RAM and SSD size - the 2014 are a ripoff - nothing really improved from the 2013's.

6. zeniswise macrumors member

Aww spink10 lol ... Don't say that.. about 2014 being a ripoff

Was planning to buy a rmbp for the first time ... Now you are making me have doubts that I might have to wait for a better configuration rmbp lol