Canada - Reserve & Pick-Up: Chose Wrong Colour for 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jzj687, Sep 17, 2014.

1. jzj687 macrumors regular

Hey!

So, I reserved a 128GB iPhone 6+ at a local Apple Store in Montreal, only to later realize I clicked Space Grey instead of White/Silver... Crap!

Any idea if they might be willing to make the switch for me Friday Morning (my pickup time is 8am-9am) or if I'm [relatively] screwed?

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

You chose the right colour, trust your instinct ;)

3. jzj687 thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, my instincts told me Silver! ...jittery hands chose Space Grey :(

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I had an iPad reservation once and they let me change options last minute while I was in line. Just curious why you would want the silver one, as that is the one I preordered and have been thinking of changing to Space Grey.

5. jzj687 thread starter macrumors regular

Main Reason for Silver: The white colour works better with the colour scheme of iOS8.

Main Reason for Space Grey:Black bezel is better for viewing video.

...But I think my reason for Silver trumps my reason for Space Grey.

6. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

The stock for 'reservations' is put aside for that purpose. So they would allocate based on what was ordered and the rest would go to walk-in's.

I think for the morning rush they will not let you change colours from what was reserved but in the evening they might be more flexible based on stock levels.

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I think they would allow a change, and simply make the reserve unit for sale to compensate for the sale unit going to the reserve. That is assuming they have the one you really want at the time you request the change.

8. ChanneledDan macrumors newbie

I've had a white iPhone 4s and currently have a white iPhone 5 and a retina iPad Mini in space grey. As soon as I got my iPad mini I decided my next phone would be space grey because I love the way the screen looks, yes, even with iOS 7/8 being mostly white-themed.

It's hard to describe, but I love the way the screen content seems to float on top of the black, and the rest of the device sort of fades away gracefully while I look at the screen content. I liked white at first, but now it kind of annoys me that on my white iPhone 5 you have the screen, then a thin black border between the pixels and the edge of the screen, and then the front is a bright white.

But of course everyone has their preferences. I'm assuming you've gone to a store and used both white and black/grey Apple devices before, but I thought I'd share my thoughts about it.

9. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i prefer space grey over white silver. that is why my iPhone 5s is space grey and my 6+ is also going to be space grey.

10. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Not for the 5 reservation. iPad was ok because their demand wasn't as much but iPhone 6+ no way they would.

11. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

Willing to buy your phone if you're with Fido. I'm also from Montreal and bought the 6 128gb and thinking about changing for the 6+.

12. jzj687 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, interesting. I'm buying it unlocked.