Canada Rogers iPhone 4,4s reception

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jamesblake1, Nov 7, 2011.

1. jamesblake1 macrumors newbie

I want to somehow find reliable information about whether I should upgrade to a 4s from a 4, or if I should go with another phone entirely. The issue is reception. With Rogers in Vancouver I have terrible, unacceptable reception issues. I drop calls, can't hear people properly, they can't hear me properly, sometimes my phone doesn't ring when someone is calling me, and other issues. I have had my iPhone 4 replaced with a new one by the apple store, and I still
    Have the same problems.

I need to change to a phone that works properly. Can someone telle
    About their upgrade from 4 to 4s with Rogers in Canada? Was there an improvement in reception?

Thank you for your time.

2. achtungbaby macrumors newbie

Im not sure how helpful my response will be since I am on the east coast but I find the reception to be noticeably better on my 4S. It's NOT perfect and it never was....Rogers leaves much to be desired for their coverage in the Maritimes but I upgraded to the 4S from a 3GS 2 weeks ago and in that time I have noticed calls are somehwat clearer and the signal strength/data is improved.

3. sukion macrumors newbie

It might just be your carrier and not the phone in general. Try asking around like a couple of friends and such to see what their reception's like. I've been with Rogers for a while now (Calgary, Alberta) and I still get pretty lame reception here. A few more months and my contract will be done, by then I'll be switching to Bell. I've heard nothing but great from them for a long time now.

4. Coley macrumors member

I don't have an iPhone 4, but my friend says the difference between the 4 and 4s reception is like night and day. However, she is an hour outside of Toronto as well, so if the problem is Rogers' coverage for you, where you are, the hardware wont solve everything.

To the east coaster above..... I spend time with family in the Maritimes and Roger's coverage is so spotty lol....I am sorry for you....
    I can stand in one side of the house and get a signal, move two feet and get nothing....I might go into town and get nothing, but go stand in the middle of a field 3 hours north, where we camp, where NOBODY usually gets ANY reception no matter the carrier....and get a signal lololol.