Canada + your avg. data usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by igglepuff, Nov 19, 2007.

1. igglepuff macrumors regular

Hey, i just got an iphone from work, and was wondering what people's data usage who are in canada is- i'm guessing no one's using edge(ug) a lot, seeing as no one wants 989080$ bill form rogers, heh.

Anyway, just wondering if the 5, or 10mb plans would suffice for light usage. I dont plan on doing anything on it other then checking my mail every once in a while which is imap so it's not liek it will download it all until i actuallyr ead the msg, checking weather, and use safari when i absolutely need to (as it is i live on 5mb plan on my treo750).

Also wondering, is there a way to set mail to only download the headers (or first 3-4k) or an email by default, then teh rest when youa ctually go to read it?

Thanks!

iggle

2. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

HI
    I just used my iphone on rogers data network(with no plan) and got dinged 60$ for using 1.2mb i believe in internet surf off it.Can you imagine.I switched to fido for 12mb 10$ surfing option or the value pack for 18$ including the 12mb surfing option.I have a month free so its pretty good although slow with edge.I use fido edge anywhere in canada and dont get charged.WAs warned tho not to turn data roaming on since i might jump unknowingly onto other networks and get charged.
    So for now, its good.Fido has 3g speeds now and although 12mb per month is nothing, its a good start.
    we shall see.
    YOu can always opt for a fido contract and get like 4 months of surfin free.
    hope this helps.
    rogers is just crap when it comes to data plans.

3. mausmac macrumors newbie

Hi I add last week at Fido the $18 Package too.

I'm got 4 month's unlimited data. After that 12MB every month.

Harald