Canada's iPad 2 Thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pdechavez, Mar 10, 2011.

1. pdechavez macrumors regular

Hello fellow Canadians,

Will you be standing in line for the iPad 2? If so, where? Apple Store? Futureshop? Bestbuy?

Also, shell out your thoughts!

2. profets macrumors 68040

Not sure.. Still waiting to hear how pricing and launch locations will be.

3. Pete the Geek, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

Pete the Geek macrumors regular

In north-western Ontario, my nearest Apple store is in Winnipeg, a 5 hour drive. There is also a Best Buy in the same area. I have a tentative plan to take March 25th off and drive there as something fun to do (and my spouse can do some shopping at Polo Park). I certainly don't *need* an iPad right away, but I'm off to a big convention in Indianapolis in the middle of April and based on previous experience with the Apple online store it would be close if I ordered through them.

A post on the Best Buy website mentioned that not all stores will have stock and the ones that do have stock get their shipments on Friday evening, so it would be Saturday before iPads would be sold.

I would like to know if Future Shop in Canada will be selling them. There is a Future Shop in Thunder Bay (also 5 hours away) and I will be going to TB for work the week after the launch, so that would be my backup plan.

In a country the size of Canada I really think preorders are a sensible policy. Who wants to commit to a long trip if they are not guaranteed to get the product? One benefit of the later Canadian launch date is that we will have some idea of the lines from the US date.

4. soa macrumors newbie

Vancouver

I'm from Vancouver, so I gotta drive down to seattle, gonna go to Alderwood Mall Apple Store, 2.5 hours drive. Will be there at around 10AM to line up.

5. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

I have $550 worth of FS gift card so I'll buy it at FS.
    US Launch day (with their stocks) will be an indicator to me about when I'll be there on March 25th.

6. King Luis macrumors 6502

won't stand in line.

if i can get one at best buy (closest) then i'll get it there. if not apple store at square 1 or sherway in toronto.

7. rexamafex macrumors member

What was the pricing for the original iPad when it was released? Same as US?

8. profets macrumors 68040

All models were $50 more (for Canadian pricing).

But after the price drop for gen 1 iPads they had a $20 price difference.

9. ccolaco macrumors 6502

Anyone know the likelihood that the iPad 2 will be available from Walmart in Canada on launch day?

10. profets macrumors 68040

No idea here.. Have we heard any confirmation of possible stores that will sell iPad 2 on launch day besides Apple?

11. Virtute macrumors member

I live pretty close to the border in southern Ontario. My original plan was to cross the river and buy it on launch day, but the soonest I can make it is Saturday. I'm sure they'll still have sufficient stock. I'm going to go for the 32GB 3G in black and just switch out the AT&T microSIM when I get back to the motherland.

12. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

Well, like most people here, I have work on the Launch date on Friday. I don't know if I should take the morning off and stand in line outside the applestore or will futureshop/bestbuy have it.

Any confirmation on this?

Futureshop says on their blog that it will be released in Canada on the 25th. Doesn't specifically say "futureshop".

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/T...ad-2-coming-to-Canada-on-March-25/ba-p/277588

13. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Noone is thinking about standing in line? Will they have enough stock for huge demand?

14. iBook G4 FTW macrumors newbie

iBook G4 FTW

Vancouver

I was planning on going down to Seattle and pick one up on the US Launch date, but I'm going to wait till the 25th. Waiting will be better anyways so i can get a rough picture of what to expect in terms of stock.

15. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

16. GadgetAddicted macrumors regular

My guts tell me pricing is going to start at $519 or maybe even $499... More likely $519

17. ccolaco macrumors 6502

The pricing was made official yesterday.. http://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/

18. wurgi macrumors member