Canadian Carriers Pushing out Carrier Update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcmanus7, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Fido pushed out a carrier update roughly 1/2 hr ago updating the carrier settings to 7.2

Telus followed shortly after... Not sure about Rogers/Bell

any ideas on what the update is for?? I'm guessing something to do with the upcoming release of the iPhone4?

2. Natas tmc macrumors newbie

I got the same update. It goes along with the update to iOS 4.0 (4.0.1). Carriers can now send updates directly to the iPhone.
    I had an issue when I first updated iOS where I was unable to get a carrier signal. Eventually I did. If I were to guess, this carrier update allows for better signal acquisition, or possibly to do with the way they calculate signal bars. Which is the stated reason for the iOS update.

I don't know about anyone else but I loved 4.0, except that I couldn't get a cellular signal after leaving wifi or vice Versa. It was a real pain in the @ss! I had a long letter ready to send when they came out with 4.0.1 But since the update to 4.0.1 no more issue. That's was before the carrier update(7.2)

I haven't seen anything online about it, except it was sort of similar to The Steve Jobs presentation when he couldn't get any page to load, in wifi or cell.

I hope I've seen the last of it on my 3GS, I will be getting an iPhone 4 asap!

3. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

I just got a prompt about an hour in a half ago to update my carrier settings to 7.2. I'm with Bell so sounds like all carriers are doing this. If you don't see it just go to settings, general and about and it should pop up with an update prompt within a couple seconds.

4. Dakota558 macrumors member

Got the same thing, and I have Telenor (Norway). But I got 7.1.