Canadian cities Have shortages for 16gig black iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garemz, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Garemz macrumors regular

Here in Edmonton Alberta we have tons of 8 gig iphones and some 16 gig white iphones, but NO 16gig black iphones for at least 10-15days away.

How about the rest of you guys, are you experiencing shortages of the 16gig black iphone

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I feel for you guys. Rogers screwed you with terrible plans, and then Apple routed your iPhones to Europe because they didn't believe anyone would buy them with those plans... :(

I hope that you can get your iPhones sooner rather than later...

3. Garemz thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah Rogers Sucks.

I'm lost for words with this crappy company

4. profetto macrumors regular

Why does Rogers suck?

Rogers is one of the only carriers where you can get an iPhone 3G and keep your original voice plan and not have to buy any iPhone data plan or anything!

In fact, for a limited time, they are offering $30 for 6 gigs of data.

I bought the 16 gig black iPhone 3G, and just added $30 to my existing voice plan and now I have 6 gigs of data every month!

But those original iPhone plans Rogers came out with did really suck the big one. And I never heard Apple re-routed a bunch of iPhones to Europe because they were afraid they weren't going to sell... interesting, do you have an article about this?

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Apple was displeased with Rogers data plans since so many customers complained.

http://www.iphonebuzz.com/rumor-apple-diverting-iphone-shipments-away-from-canada-072841.php

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...igh-data-prices-shipping-less-3g-iphones.aspx

6. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

7. slicecom macrumors 68020

Yep it's true. The Rogers store I got my 16GB black only got 2 in at launch. I got the second one and had to line up for 7.5 hours to get it. So many people left when they heard that there were only 8GB's left.

8. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Well for one, they suck because their original plans were so bad that Apple figured hardly anyone here would buy one, so they sent a bunch of our stock to Europe. Now there are shorages and a lot of people won't be able to get the model they want before the limited time $30 plan expires. Get it now?

9. kgood macrumors newbie

I was able to get an iPhone on the 11th here in Canada (got lucky, just walked in) but I honestly think this so called limited time offer will continue. Just another marketing ploy by Rogers if you ask me...

10. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Nope apple wouldnt reroute them for europe would they with an american/canadian power plug/// that would involve opening every single box to change the usb power adapter/// what a waste of 1) TIME 2)MONEY 3) LABOUR... STUPID/SILLY....

11. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Actually, when I ordered my iPhone by phone on the 12th, I was discussing with the rep whether it would be delivered before I had to leave town and whether I should update my plan before or after the phone was delivered. At first, she advised that I should wait, because if it wasn't delivered before I left, I would be paying for a plan I couldn't use for almost 2 weeks. But then she backtracked slightly and mused aloud that maybe I should change my plan immediately because it's possible Rogers would end the $30 promotion early. When I expressed surprise that this could happen, she tried to cover a bit and say she was 99% sure that wouldn't happen, but she left a little room there to leave the possibility open. When I asked why they might do that, she said that "It's happened with a couple of promotions in the past, so...." In the end, I took a chance and waited. Happily, my iPhone did arrive the day before I left town, and I changed my plan when I got it.