Canadian in the UK with an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crazylegsmurphy, May 20, 2009.

1. crazylegsmurphy macrumors 6502

Hey Everyone.

I am in the UK for a few months and would like to get a pay as you go SIM/Plan (or something better if you know of it) for my iPhone.

Can anyone recommend a good provider that is a fair cost and will allow me to travel all over the country with my phone?

I don't need data or anything, just a phone to be able to call for things.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. spookme macrumors member

Suggestions

I would probably suggest 02, they happen to be the provider for iPhone in the UK at the moment.

If you go into a store, they will let you have a sim card for free as long as you top up with £10. That way you end up with a bit of credit and the sim is free.

There wouldnt be any data set on it, so make sure your data roaming is off.

3. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

Any of the main networks would be fine, O2, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, as they all have their own pay & go SIMs. Best bet is to check out their UK websites and see which suits you best.

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Don't forget you will need to unlock your iPhone so you can use it with a UK SIM card.

5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

As above you will need to unlock your iPhone and if you do, i would go with vodafone, they have the best service in the UK (in term of signal strength and coverage) also they are introducing cheap tariffs for European travel this summer (if you are thinks about traveling outside the UK).

NB: i am an O2 customer so no bias here :cool:

6. crazylegsmurphy thread starter macrumors 6502

I was just down at a Tesco and they had a card £2 if you filled it with £10 or something, has anyone tried these? I was told by a friend here that it's basically the O2 network.

I'll unlock my phone for sure. I just wanted to make sure I got a pay as you go that had the best cost per use.