Canadian iPhone 3GS in the US?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pravit, Feb 22, 2010.

1. pravit macrumors newbie

I will be working in the US for five months. I have an iPhone 3GS from Rogers which I plan to unlock unofficially.

What's the best way to get US voice and 3G data with this phone? Could I sign up for an AT&T smartphone plan and cancel it after 5 months? Alternately, does the AT&T pay-as-you-go SIM card still work? Any other carriers offering voice & 3G data for iphone?

2. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

tmobile allows no-contract pricing with a few of their plans. you should look into them. :) however, you will only be stuck with edge + wifi, since 3G isnt supported by tmobiles bands. on att, you have access to 3G + wifi, but it will cost a lot more.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

don't know if ATT will allow you to get 3G on a pay as go plan.

4. pravit thread starter macrumors newbie

Does ATT offer iPhone plans that you can pay monthly without being locked into a contract - and do these work with unlocked phones?

I'd be fine w/ the price for 5 months, just wasn't sure what options are available.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you own your own unlocked iPhone, you should be able to start a no-commitment monthly plan with AT&T. Because your are from a foreign country, they may require a security deposit in case you should skip out on your bill.

You could really get all of these questions answered by calling or even E-mailing AT&T.