Canadian iPhone 4 Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krUnIzZlE, Jul 5, 2010.

1. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Hello, I have a Couple Questions For you All:

1) Im From The States, and can i go to apple iphone canadian site and buy a unlocked iphone and have it shipped to a canadian address from a american computer?

2) Also, Is there any difference from the american iphone and canadian iphone? maybe 1 feature more in the american iphone then canadian or vice versa?

3) Is it SAFE shipping the unlocked iphone from canada through a shipping carrier without them opening the package or denying it because iphone are locked in the states?

4) What kind of charging plug does the canadian iPhone have? Same as american?

Im sorry if some of these questions were asked and answered but i need this for my own information which can help me better.

Thank You.....
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. arunim macrumors member

1) No
    2) No
    3) Yes
    4) Same

3. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

On question number 1, people in canadian thread are saying its possible? can someone else answer them also ?

4. PatrickRS macrumors member

It's not available in Canada yet. Once it is, people will be able to tell you more about what you need to buy one.

5. taran420 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can. I was able to order an item from American store and only got stuck when they asked for a American address

And for argument sakes let's say you can't, well then use a Canadian proxy. So the answer is yes you can, but only to a Canadian address

6. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

You can order from the Canadian Apple store without a proxy but you do need to ship to a Canadian address with a Canadian credit card.

7. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Did you get what you ordered?? you use a canadian CC and did it work???

8. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Are you sure about the canadian credit card part??? How do you know this??

thnx.

9. dark5 macrumors member

I'm almost positive you don't need a canadian CC.

Edit: They accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.

10. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Trust me, you need a Canadian Visa, Mastercard or AMEX. Read here

11. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

1) As Sneakz said you can order as long as you have a Canadian billing/shipping address and Canadian credit card. It doesn't matter if you're ordering from the US as long as the item is being paid for on a Canadian CC and is being shipped in Canada.

2) They are the same phone.

3) Yes

4) Same plug.

12. AlyMourad macrumors member

AlyMourad

i was in a similar situation, the only difference is that i'm from egypt and i wanted to buy an iPhone 4 factory unlocked from the UK online apple store and ship it to a UK based address that the shipping company i deal with provide then they ship it to my home. so regarding your questions.

1) Yes, i bought it from the UK online store using my Egyptian visa card. i just typed the UK shipping address and used it as a billing address as well, i think since it's factory unlocked and you pay full price. apple doesn't even mind that the billing address is not the same billing one on the credit card or i was that lucky!

2) NO, other than it being locked or unlocked and the different power plug type. i don't believe there is any different or extra feature. they do ship the sim eject tool to factory unlocked iphones though. my iphone 4 came with one.

3) Maybe. i can't be sure of that. depends on how strict is AT&T forcing the locked phones to american customers. but i don't believe it's that big deal. they might not offer you the same iphone plans in the US though. i know Vodafone here rejected i join the official iPhone plans since i didn't buy it from them. fortunately though. the other plan i could join is much better for me. same price but lesser minutes but double the data. :)

4) I guess, or you could always buy a USB power adapter from the apple store. or use the one you already have (if you did have one)

here in egypt the iPhone 4 won't be released till August or maybe even September and if it follows the same pricing plans like how the 3GS was here, it will be sold for the same price i bought mine with but it will be locked. :D

13. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

WOW BRO. YOU JUST GAVE ME SOOOO MUCH HOPE. IM SORRY FOR SCREAMING BUT THE EXCITMENT IS OVER WHELMING. OMFG OMFG OMFG

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

14. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.125 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

OP, if you want to test the buying process from the Apple Canada online store, go to the store and go through the steps to buy something. You'll be able to see at the end what kind of CC is needed.

15. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I am visiting Canada from the US and went into the Apple store today in Square One, Mississagua, On. Still no Iphones 4 in Canada and best estimate i could get from them is end of July but they have nothing definite. They also have no pricing yet for the Sim free units.
    I guess I will have to try again on my next trip up here. I want a factory unlock one.

16. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Yeah, we haven't gotten any official word on when it's being released here yet. The unlocked 3GS (8GB) is being sold for $549 so I'm guessing the iPhone 4 will be sold for $649/$749 (16GB/32GB). That's just a guess though, of course.