Canadian iPhone Plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chef Medeski, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

So what plan did you finally get after the torment of indecisiveness looming around the forum previously? And are you satisfied with it?

Myself, I went with Fido:

Voice Plan: $30 200 Weekday Minutes with unlimited Fido to Fido and Rogers calling

Data Plan: $30 for 6GB

Options: $15 iPhone Value Package (VVM/Call ID/Who Called/ 2500 Texts)

Total: $75 + 6.95 + 0.50 = 82.45 before tax equals roughly: $93 a month.

I'm very happy. I basically got a practically unlimited plan, I don't call many Bell or Telus people :p, for less than $100 with all the features. Anything less wouldn't have been much less money, $10 or $15, but would not have had half of what I got. So I am very happy knowing that I won't have to worry about anything while using the phone and I know the price is manageable, it can always be lower but I'm willing to pay a price for being Canadian :D.

I actually convinced the guy behind me to get the exact same plan by the sheer deal it was. Anyone able to beat it?

2. noisebleed macrumors regular

Fido Monthly Plan
    25$ - Unlimited Incoming Calls from Across the World, 50 minutes of talk time.
    30$ - 6GB of data
    20$ - Call Display, Who Called, 10,000 Text Messages, Caller Ring Trax, Evenings 5pm, Call Forward up to 2,500 minutes.

;]

unlimited calls after 5pm
    unlimited incoming calls from across the globe 24/7

yes... i think i beat your fido to fido. ;]... i don't need to call people... until 5pm anyways.

just one more thing... why didn't you get the 5pm, 10k text... instead of visual voice call? .. you have 6gb of data for a reason... tell them to facebook.. to email you... to im you... the only people who need to voice mail you are employers.. that's it... kind of useless.

3. neoserver macrumors 6502

I went with Rogers, as they were the only ones with a store within walking distance of my office tower.

I went with the $25 250 min anytime Voiceplan, with the $30/6GB data, and the $15 bundle.

For about $82 after all the taxes and fees.

I think I did pretty good for my needs. I might end up dropping the $15 bundle if I find myself short of cash.

4. Chef Medeski thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Yeah I know but I have a lot of people like that I have to deal with so I needed voicemail.... plus I don't really need 10k text, 2.5k is plenty for me and thats $5 more. I guess yours is a better value in absolute terms, although I dont have many INCOMING calls during the day, especially not from outside the area. So it wouldn't have worked out for me. We'll we both paid the same price and got some great deals, just 2 very differently suited ones. :p

I don't think anyone can go under the $75 price point without severely sacrificing value. But I'm interested to find out if thats true.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Fido, $20/200 minutes, $11 value pack (125 SMS, voicemail, caller ID), $30 6GB Data plan = 77 tax in.

BTW people - don't forget - for SMS - if you send one giant SMS it really counts as multiple SMS's and not just a single one. Hopefully I'll be ok w/ 125, otherwise next month i'll just upgrade.

6. cere macrumors 6502

Why didn't you go with the iPhone 3G Visual Voicemail Value pack instead? For $15 you seem to get a lot more than your $11 value pack. I think it comes with 2500 SMS, VVM, caller ID, etc.

Fido site also now says that Name ID comes free with caller ID, as of July 15. I wonder if mine will, since I do not pay for it separately, but as part of my grandfathered voice plan.