Canadian iPhone Question (Not About Release Date)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Project-79, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Hi all (this is my first post),

I was wondering, is it possible to watch CBC's streams of the hockey games, at CBC.com, through the iPhone? If not, has anyone heard of any apps coming (after the 2.0 update) that will make this possible. Thanks!

P-79

2. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

It doesn't work on my iPod touch so I'm gonna say no (I believe you mean cbc.ca). I imagine it's Flash which is unsupported.

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I was just going to say that. They're using a Flash player so, no, you won't be able to watch any of the online sports or show streams from CBC or CTV. Apps won't help you because they'd have to provide it in some other manner other than Flash and all of the Canadian and US networks only use Flash on their sites for show watching.

Can the Flash mobile version even pull video from a streaming player on the rest of the phones?

4. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

Thanks

Hi all,

Oh, darn. Too bad. I hope CBC gets one of those stream players like BBC for hockey.

P-79

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Maybe once Canada gets the iPhone officially then you can email and request that. Since the iPhone isn't even legitimate in Canada it's doubtful the networks would spend any money developing a player.