CANADIAN iPhone SE Pre-Order Status Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asharahmed, Mar 22, 2016.

1. asharahmed macrumors regular

asharahmed

So, for the 3rd time in a row I'm OP of the iPhone SE Pre-Order Status thread. I will be buying the iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey. Absolutely love the iPhone 5s space grey. I'm also buying the SE leather case.

Talk about whatever here, looks like price will be nearly the same after exchange, no word on carrier pricing.

2. NicolasLGA macrumors member

NicolasLGA

Don't you already have an iPhone 6s? Are you replacing? Or just getting 2 phones?

I'm tempted to buy one just for fun... But do I need 2 phones lol?

3. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

No you don't need 2 phones man, cmon lol. I will be pre ordering 64gb space grey tomorrow 5:50 am.

4. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

I do but my dad is retiring his old 4s. So I will either give the SE to him or I will give him my 6s.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 23, 2016 ---
    One will be for my dad. Not sure what one he will have but that will be decided when the phone arrives.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 23, 2016 ---
    According to Apple, the soonest that the phones will ship will be 31st. So if you want them on launch you'll have to camp out, otherwise they will arrive after the 31st.

5. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

No the actually delivery date is March 31 for preorders based on the Apple.com information and my order confirmation.

Dave

7. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

On my order confirmation, it says Delivers 31/3 - 4/4 by Standard shipping

8. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Then you may have missed out on launch day delivery. I am in the UK so maybe not relevant but mine says Delivers 31/3

9. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

Might be because youre closer to China... Lol. Well I hope I didn't miss out for launch day, I ordered it at 4:15 a.m EST.
    Also, I applied a $21.60 apple gift card for the purchase.

10. slayerizer macrumors 6502a

slayerizer

ordered via videotron and I got to keep my 3GB plan for 55$ :p
    I'm happy

11. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

No way awesome ! I called them yesterday but they did not have info on plans for the unreleased phone. So I will be calling them soon as I get my phone. (currently $69.99 with rogers for 3GB)

12. slayerizer macrumors 6502a

slayerizer

as long as you have a 60$ bill, you're good to go without changing plan. When I went at a Videotron store they didn't tell me that, they said I had to switch plan and take the 2gb one (at 65$). The lady over the phone told me a different story. I'm happy to have kept my old 3GB plan (55$-5$multi-service+5$visual VM=55$). They apply the rebate at the end, so my 55$ plan + 5$ extra was enough to be eligible.

:)

13. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

Mine says Processing Items and Delivers 31/3 - 4/4. Ordered it at 6AM, didn't wake up at 3 despite my alarms.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016 ---
    The reason why we don't have a definitive date that just says 31/3 is because different parts of Canada have different delivery times, unlike the United States. If you live near or in a large/medium metro you'll get it on launch day. The territories and the rural areas will get it a few days later at the most.

14. eckndu macrumors member

15. profets macrumors 68040

The price looks a bit rough actually at $579 CAD from $399 USD. That's a 0.689 exchange rate. Even the newly released 9.7" iPad Pro is based on a 0.75 exchange rate which is much more accurate. I'd guess though that they're likely pricing the iPhone SE knowing that the majority will buy it subsidized anyway.

I won't be ordering one myself, but happy to see them keeping the bottom tier / smaller size updated with recent internals and getting a bit aggressive on the price.

16. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Mine has now moved to preparing for shipment and I have a 03.31 - 04.04 date. :) I live in a city so I imagine I'll get mine on Thursday or by latest, Friday.

17. G.McGilli macrumors regular

Who wants to take a guess on the carrier subsidized price?

18. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

19. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

My phone is preparing for shipment. Track by reference yields no results so it seems like they haven't shipped yet, probably will be shipped from the Syncheron warehouse in Canada and that is when they will give us the tracking number. Right now they are probably being shipped in pallets and as a result we have no tracking number.

20. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

My bro just pre-ordered the 64gb silver from Virgin

21. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

Phone is now showing up on track by reference for UPS
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    And by logging into UPS My Choice I have my full tracking number! Phone is showing up in my support profile! Looks to be shipping from AI in Burlington, AKA Syncheron!!!!
    [​IMG]

22. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

23. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

Aw same.

Attached Files:

24. Doumdoum macrumors newbie

Doumdoum

Weird... I live in Quebec city and it's the same for me also.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    But when I go on the Apple shipment page and enter my postal code, it's says it should deliver on the 31st.

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/help/shipping_delivery#delivery_date

Attached Files:

25. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

Oui ! Same here. We shall see then, hopefully we'll have a nice surprise tomorrow :p