Canadian keyboards?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chris98vf, Feb 1, 2011.

1. chris98vf macrumors regular

chris98vf

I'd like to ask for some help from my northern neighbors about the English/French keyboards? I'm looking to order an Apple A1016 keyboard (the white bluetooth with the number pad) and the only one I can find reasonably priced is Canadian. What's the difference in the keys? Is it the same keyboard with additional french characters like ç and so on? If anyone could take a pic of theirs that would be great. Google has been of no help on this one...

2. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

Canadian keyboards are exactly the same as American keyboards, only more polite, a lot funnier and much better looking.

In all seriousness though, they're the same, unless you're talking about the French keyboards sold here.

3. chris98vf thread starter macrumors regular

chris98vf

4. Joshknightmare macrumors member

No difference if your getting the english version. Just has the usual "eh?" which is quite useful in some cases.. Im kidding.

5. chris98vf thread starter macrumors regular

chris98vf

even though the picture is a blur I noticed a difference in the key layout, it must be the français one. I went to Apple.ca and looked at the current french one and the layout was the same so I'll keep looking. No wonder new was only $45

6. Joshknightmare macrumors member

If i were you id just buy from apple itself. Just an opinion, though.

7. chris98vf thread starter macrumors regular

chris98vf

They don't make a bluetooth keyboard with the number pad anymore or else I would. Besides, I'm buying up to bundle with iMacs I resell. I want the lowest cost possible and Apple can't help me there.