Canadian Members Help (Bell SIM Card)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Newfiebill, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

Hi Everyone,

Can any of the Canadian Members tell me if I can use the BELL SIM card out of my old iPhone 5 in my new iPhone 6? Also what are the steps that I need to take if indeed I can?

I have searched the Forums and have found mixed discussion, some people think that I would need a NEW SIM that permits NFC?

Thanks!

2. profets macrumors 68040

Yes, the iPhone 5 uses a nano sim that you'll be able to put into the iPhone 6. Simply remove it from the 5 and put it into the new phone when you get it.

Don't worry about Bell or a sim that uses NFC. That's purely for some of the mobile pay stuff that the carriers (or banks?) have been trying to get going in Canada. I wouldn't even bother with it.

3. munakib macrumors 6502

So I am guessing you paid the full price (unlocked) from apple store for your iPhone6?

If so, you have nothing to worry, just pull out the sim and put it inside the unlocked iPhone 6/Plus and you are good to go.

NFC has nothing to do with the SIM and definitely nothing to do with us in Canada yet as ApplePay hasnt been introduced here, so do not worry about that.

Hope this helped

4. Newfiebill thread starter macrumors regular

Newfiebill