Canadian Pharmacy emails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by keithh, Nov 9, 2008.

1. keithh macrumors newbie

How do I stop them? I run OS X on an iMac and use Thunderbird
    Have I have picked up a virus? I have run ClamXav and Avast ans neither picks anything up. The emails say they come from me??

2. antibact1 macrumors 6502

ClamXav and Avast don't pick up the emails because they aren't malware - they are spam. Who is your email provider? With respect to the fact they come from you, email headers are easy to forge. They could make it say it came from anyone.

3. keithh thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi antibact1, thanks for answering.

I use Tesco.net & I have asked them if they can do anything but is there anything I can do myself. I drag every one into a junk folder but it would be nice to trap them in the first place

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You have spam, not a virus. There are no viruses in the wild that affect Macs.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....one of my GMail accounts gets about 10 of these every day and they're always filtered into the junk mail folder. Once in a while when I am not too busy I'll run some of the spam through SpamCop.net and report it for whatever good that may do (none usually)....oh yeah!

6. keithh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reassurance guys. Duffman - how do I set up a filter to automaticallly trap them?