Canadian Pre-order Date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steveo47, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Steveo47 macrumors regular

So i know we have the official thread, but its kinda a mush of everything. So this one is just about the Pre Order date. What does everyone thing? As well does everyone even think there will be a pre order? I tried to read thought the official canadian thread and some believe there wont even be a pre order. What does everyone think. Personally i believe there will be a pre-order solely because of the set up of the apple website when you click "iphone" to purchase.

2. draz macrumors 6502a

The pre-order could be for unlocked phones only. Which is what I think Apple will sell. If you want the cheaper prices go to your carrier for the locked phones.

I'm still saying no pre-order from Apple for the unlocked ones and certainly nothing from the carriers for the locked ones. Looks like we get to line up!

3. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

Wouldnt be paying full price and my telus booth and m paying full price at the apple store be the same price? Just curious, why do you think there will be no pre orders?

4. sblocker macrumors newbie

because there has not been a pre order before and no carrier has posted any info on a pre order

5. draz macrumors 6502a

Buying it from the carrier regardless of price will result in a locked phone. A full price from a carrier is the same as buying it unlocked from Apple (at least as of now).
    If you want it full price just get it from Apple.

I don't think there will be pre-orders because there has been zero changes to any carrier or Apple's site since Friday with the exception of Bell adding the words "July 30th" to their banner. I think the majority of people want a pre-order for the cheaper price, but I'm going to assume Apple will only sell unlocked phones and not locked ones and thus no pre-orders just like the past years.

Who knows really....

6. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

If you buy from a carrier, you get an iPhone that is locked to that carrier along with a subsidized price ($99/$199/$299). If you buy from Apple, you get an unlocked iPhone that is not subsidized ($549/$649/$749).

7. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

From my knowledge there never has been any pre-orders associated with the iPhone in Canada and I honestly don't expect that to change.

You'll be able to buy it when it's released either subsidized or at full retail price from applicable locations.

I'll bet a nickel that there wont be a pre-order date.

8. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Yes - but I don't think there was ever a pre-order for the UK, Japan, etc... until the iPhone 4. So why couldn't there be a pre-order for Canada as well?
    We'll know the answer within a few days. If there is nothing on the site by the end of the week, then there probably won't be pre-orders.

9. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

If you check out a lot of the iPhone Canada blogs especially the iPhoneincanada.ca blog they have documents that say the Canadian prices will be $699/$799 for the 16GB/32GB versions. I can't see the prices for the iPhone 4 being $50 cheaper than what the 3GS was when it first came out.

10. draz macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that was a guesstimate. As that is all we can do right now... Just guesstimate.

*edit* and yea it can be cheaper! Especially with Apple selling their own products.

11. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

I know there has been no pre order information from the carriors out yet. BUT dont forget that "late [this] week" steve jobs said they will be updating the apple site for the free bumper program. So i can only assume that at the same time they will update that apple site in order to preorder for the 17 other countries. If "late [this] week" means thursday or friday, that means that we will have 8/7 days for preorder which will leave around the same preorder time the first 5 countries had (I believe).

12. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

Just to add, like someone above said, there was never a preorder for a place such as japan. So im optimistic. I dont really want to wait 4 days in line.

13. etceteraism macrumors member

I called Fido yesterday because I negotiated a retention plan with them a couple of weeks ago (my contract was up) and told them to put a note in my account that I would call back when the iPhone 4 was announced.

Rep knew nothing, I asked about preorders and he just said to watch the email updates because that will be the latest info. He also said that they don't want people to call in on July 30th to order over the phone (they want you to line up at the stores), but that "if you INSIST" they'll do the order over the phone and mail one to you. Of course, this would be on July 30th not before.

14. Steveo47 thread starter macrumors regular

Fair enough, but im planning on preordering from the apple store for an unlocked one, not from a service provider. Do you think apple will make you line up as well? And if so do you think it will even be necessary to wait in line? i mean you never had to for the 3GS