Canadian PREPAID data plan on rogers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by habbah, Jun 26, 2010.

1. habbah macrumors newbie

i have my iphone 3g on prepaid rogers, now there is an option that adds unlimited internet browsing but it is not for smart phones if i add it to my account i get re routed to a rogers page that offers me a prepaid single day data plan something like 20mb for $5, so im wondering if there is a hack or anything that can trick rogers into thinking im not using a smart-phone? i know the data wont be 3g or anything like that but im just wondering if there is anything out there that can change what ever it is that is telling rogers i am using a smart phone? i had a ****** lg keybo with telus and had unlimited browsing and put opera mini on it :p was kinda neat. any help?

2. habbah thread starter macrumors newbie

3. draz macrumors 6502a

For things like the "Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing" it is only available on devices in which Rogers has some control over, like Blackberry's and phones not based on Android, Windows Mobile, or iPhone... So the network does know what type of device you have, regardless of what your account says you have.

It would be difficult to "hack" your way through and tell the network you have something else when the phone is identifying itself as a smartphone.