Canadian Price Increase Coming?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by douglas, Jun 24, 2013.

1. douglas macrumors member

Does anyone have some insight as to how apple adjusts it's prices when currency rates change? I'm wondering if a Canadian price increase is imminent now that the CAN$ is at US$0.95 (Apple store prices are currently at par for the US and Canada). Is any advance notice (or hints) given by Apple?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

None that I am aware of. I also think our dollar would have to go much lower for the prices to change. Our prices are already slightly higher than US. Example ATV3 is $109 here and $99 in US.

Besides dollar is still fluctuating so prices will probably stay where they are for now. Only my opinion, as I have no inside knowledge of how Apple operates financially. Nobody does for that matter.

3. douglas thread starter macrumors member

Agreed. I'm looking to buy a Haswell iMac when they are released, and so I guess a price increase at that time is impossible to predict. It would be nice to have a hint in advance of any price increase, in which case a current refurb could be a good option.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have a current iMac. The Haswell would not be a big enough advantage to make me upgrade. My current machine is more than I could ask for. Especially with the fusion drive.