Canadian Release / White Ip4 Delay, Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Femme, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Femme macrumors regular

So, im guessing the release is set to July 30th. I've been phoneless for a month now (had an iPhone 3GS. It just completely disappeared.) and instead of getting a new 3GS, i decided to wait for the iP4.. white preferably. I read someone's reply saying, "might as well wait for another 6 months for the iP5 if the white one is going to be delayed"

Should I just get another 3GS and wait for the iP5? Or should I just wait just a "few" more months for the white iP4?

What would ya'll do?

2. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

You won't need to wait "months" for an iPhone 4, even a white one. I'd say 2-4 weeks depending on availability and how resourceful and persistent you are.

Any speculative iPhone 5 model is at least 11 months away and even then is likely to just be a facelift model as the 3GS was.

3. draz macrumors 6502a

I'll just be getting a Black on Friday...

We have no idea when the White color would come out but if you are fine with using whatever phone you are using now and really want the White then just wait it out.

But I would just go with Black....

4. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

If you follow the news, you'd know white iPhone won't be released until later this year. ;)

5. illutionz macrumors 65816

I too was waiting for White iPhone 4 until yesterday. That latest announcement was the final nail on the coffin and I placed a reservation on my local Apple Store yesterday.... Able to pick up my iPhone 4 earlier today!!!

For me, waiting for white iPhone 4 until "later this year" is not a wise move since I am probably getting iPhone 5 next year :rolleyes:

6. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

In Canada we generally have to wait two years for HUP from the carriers, unlike our neighbours to the South who are able to get a new iPhone every year.

So, my two years are up with my 3G and I'm getting a black on Friday, not waiting however many more months for the white one.

If I wait then it'll be that much longer before I can upgrade again (two years) so for me, the colour is not reason enough to keep waiting.

7. ccolaco macrumors 6502

I was hoping for a white one, but I'm willing to settle for a black. Hopefully now the line up at the Apple Store in Fairview will be a little shorter in hopes of people waiting out for the white model. I'm getting there bright and early!

8. illutionz macrumors 65816

However, in Canada you can purchase a full official unlocked iPhone 4 at full price directly from Apple.... Don't need to keep signing new contract heh ;) Beauty of GSM

9. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Well yes, starting Friday we will have that option. :) If I had the cash lying around and/or travelled frequently I would go that route.

However, got to use a phone with some carrier. May as well be the one I'm with now and save a few hundred bucks...